How to order a made-to-measure corset:
1. Choose fabric and options ⇗
2. Checkout and pay
3. Collect the measurements and photos
4. Wait for your corset to be made
5. Get it shipped to you!
For more samples of this style see the bottom of the page.
Estimated sewing time – 6-10 weeks (from the date of full payment and providing all required measurements and photos).
Half-boned Georgian stays with stomacher are an excellent choice for those who are looking for garments with the best chance to fit. Even with front lacing only it will fit you with the variability of a couple of sizes. Adding back lacing makes these stays your forever friend!
The pattern is based on the 1730s-1740s styles, nice for the middle 18th century. Use it under your baroque and rococo court gowns - or for middle-class outfits. The overall conical shape is still quite comfortable, straps allow to adjust bust lift, and bottom tabs protect your waist from heavy skirts.
My assembling technique differs significantly from an authentic one, which allows stays to be fully machine assembled and have an affordable price. If you're interested in the recreation of an extant piece, please check the Bespoke section.
- The basic corset has a front opening with a non-attached stomacher, a mix of metal and plastic bones, and a satin cord for lacing. The inside fabric layer is cotton, basic fashion fabric – cotton satin of in-stock colors (included in price).
The stomacher is laced in symmetric style by default (different from other Georgian stays I offer). If you want asymmetric lacing at the front - please mention it in the personalization box.
- Select fabric type and preferable color. I'll send you an email with available in-stock fabrics (cottons and silks) or we decide on ordering a special one. Materials like silk sateens, damasks, genuine or faux leather may cost extra and will be covered by an additional invoice. Purchasing custom materials may increase production time.
- Default straps are laced at front and fixed at back, you can choose the contrary design or fully removable straps (they can be replaced with ribbon for special occasions).
- The front bottom point can be done thin or wide - up to your taste.
- For those who are worried about perfect fit or possible weight changes, back lacing could be added too for maximizing size range. Back lacing is asymmetric too, so tell me if you want a symmetric one. Modesty panels are not used for these stays, but if you need one, also mention it.
- Handstitched eyelets can add a bit more "historical" touch or protect you from nickel allergy.
- To decorate the corset even more, you can ask for contrast binding and decorative seam accents imitating extant techniques.
- Leather binding on armpits can be added to protect the garment and resemble historical pieces even more.
Please read the instructions carefully, since 80% of our success is the correct set of measurements. I recommend using assistance for better results. Feel free to ask, if you have questions about the scheme.
Undress till the underwear, use the bra that best fits you and lifts the bust. No pants, skirts, or anything that covers or squishes your body.
Mark the waistline with a tape - it should go horizontal below the usual “most thin” waist level, 1-2 cm (0.5-1") above the belly button. Check your body side - there should be no ribs or hip bones on this level, only soft parts of you!
I need at least two photos of you - front and side, mirror selfie is good enough. No pants or tops covering the torso, lingerie only. These images will never be seen by anybody except me or the sewing team, but I need them to focus on details like bust position and torso proportions. They will also be used to cross-check your measurements and help you to take them correctly. Please downsize those to fit the 10MB message limit.
Send the digits in cm/inch, keeping the numbering:
3. Waist (larger, than usual, that’s ok)
4. Hip top (on the level of hip bones)
6. Waist to underbust (under the bra cup)
7. Waist to bottom of the belly (covering the belly, but leaving you the ability to sit)
8. Waist to hip top (at your side, between #3 and #4)
9. Waist to breast center (nipple level)
10. Waist to top edge of the corset through the cup (highest point)
11. Waist to top edge of the corset, center front (lowest cleavage point)
12. Waist to top edge of the corset, side (comfortable to your armpit)
13. Waist to top edge of the corset, back
14. Your full height
15. Bra cup size (please mention, US/EU/UK etc.)
24. Stomacher cut width (between sides of the corset)
Detailed ordering process:
- Please select the style and options you need and add other personalizations in the comment box.
- You can type measurements in the box provided or send them to email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please check your email carefully, since I'll ask you for photos and additional information, like fabric confirmation. If you ignore emails for 2 weeks, I'll have to refund and cancel the order.
- In case you want to discuss some details or want to split your payment into several steps, select the "Custom payment method". Fill in contact information and PayPal email. After confirming order details, I'll send you a PayPal invoice with full or partial payment options.
- If you want to proceed with payment, select PayPal checkout. It will also let you pay with a credit/debit card without PayPal registration, if you don't have one.
- Please note, that I do not accept cancellations or returns of custom ordered corsets and lingerie. If you want to be sure of corset fit and comfort, you can purchase a mock-up fitting service.
- Worldwide shipping is provided by Georgian Post.