How to order a made-to-measure corset:
1. Choose fabric and options ⇗
2. Checkout and pay
3. Collect the measurements and photos
4. Wait for your corset to be made
5. Get it shipped to you!
For more samples of this style see the bottom of the page.
Estimated sewing time – 6-10 weeks (from the date of full payment and providing all required measurements and photos).
This corset is based on an 1860s pattern with gussets (gores) on the bust and hips. Hourglass silhouette goes best with crinoline dresses - with slightly bent front, round bust, and medium waist position. If you need a higher waist - contact me before ordering. Such corsets work nicely for costumes from the late 1840s to 1870s. Comfortable for horse riding and daily gowns due to medium waist reduction and shorter hips.
For more detailed information on offered options check the Options page
- The basic corset has a regular metal busk, a mix of metal and plastic bones, and a satin cord for back-lacing. The inside fabric layer is cotton, basic fashion fabric – cotton satin of in-stock colors (included in price).
- Select fabric type and preferable color. I'll send you an email with available in-stock fabrics (cottons and silks) or we decide on ordering a special one. Materials like silk sateens, damasks, genuine or faux leather may cost extra and will be covered by an additional invoice. Purchasing custom materials may increase production time.
- Decide if you'd like the lace trim. If yes, mention the color in the personalization box.
- If you'd like decorative flossing, select a pattern from available samples, regular or extra (with more stitch density). Mention the pattern number and desired color in the personalization box. The artistic flossing option is for larger decorative multicolor designs of your taste, like floral or geometric.
- Handstitched eyelets can add a bit more "historical" touch or protect you from nickel allergy.
- If you are going to use your corset actively and prefer classic flexible busk - consider adding underbusk panel, rigid support piece that will protect busk from accidental damage.
A non-removable back modesty panel can be added on request.
- Please note that flat midbust or curvy overbust top line shape depends on the measurements you take.
Please read the instructions carefully, since 80% of our success is the correct set of measurements. I recommend using assistance for better results. Feel free to ask, if you have questions about the scheme.
Undress till the underwear, use the bra that best fits you and lifts the bust. No pants, skirts, or anything that covers or squishes your body.
Mark the waistline with a tape - it should go horizontal below the usual “most thin” waist level, 1-2 cm (0.5-1") above the belly button. Check your body side - there should be no ribs or hip bones on this level, only soft parts of you!
I need at least two photos of you - front and side, mirror selfie is good enough. No pants or tops covering the torso, lingerie only. These images will never be seen by anybody except me or the sewing team, but I need them to focus on details like bust position and torso proportions. They will also be used to cross-check your measurements and help you to take them correctly.
Send the digits in cm/inch, keeping the numbering:
3. Waist (larger, than usual, that’s ok)
4. Hip top (on the level of hip bones)
6. Waist to underbust (under the bra cup)
7. Waist to bottom of the belly (covering the belly, but leaving you the ability to sit)
8. Waist to hip top (at your side, between #3 and #4)
9. Waist to breast center (nipple level)
10. Waist to top edge of the corset through the cup (highest point)
11. Waist to top edge of the corset, center front (lowest cleavage point)
12. Waist to top edge of the corset, side (comfortable to your armpit)
13. Waist to top edge of the corset, back
14. Your full height
15. Bra cup size (please mention, US/EU/UK etc.)
Detailed ordering process:
- Please select the style and options you need and add other personalizations in the comment box.
- You can include measurements in the box provided or send them to email email@example.com
- Please check your email carefully, since I'll ask you for photos and additional information, like fabric confirmation. If you ignore emails for 2 weeks, I'll have to refund and cancel the order.
- In case you want to discuss some details or want to split your payment into several steps, select the "Custom payment method". Fill in contact information and PayPal email. After confirming order details, I'll send you a PayPal invoice with full or partial payment options.
- If you want to proceed with payment, select Paypal checkout. It will also let you pay with a credit/debit card without PayPal registration, if you don't have one.
- Please note, that I do not accept cancellations or returns of custom ordered corsets and lingerie. If you want to be sure of corset fit and comfort, you can purchase a mock-up fitting service.
- Worldwide shipping is provided by Georgian Post.