How to order a made-to-measure corset:
1. Choose fabric and options ⇗
2. Checkout and pay
3. Collect the measurements and photos
4. Wait for your corset to be made
5. Get it shipped to you!
For more samples of this style see the bottom of the page.
Estimated sewing time – 6-10 weeks (from the date of full payment and providing all required measurements and photos).
Ribbon underbust corset was fashionable in the early Edwardian period, suitable for daily wear and walking attires. May be made of various ribbon styles - from synthetic double-faced satin to brocade or moire. Contact me with your ideas to discuss.
This style is also often used as a modern fashion accessory to be worn above shirts or dresses. Ribbon corsets provide minor waist reduction, but excellent support and comfort.
- The basic corset has a metal busk closure, a mix of metal and plastic bones, and a satin cord for back-lacing. You can request a double-faced satin ribbon for more soft lacing, mention it in the personalization box.
Ribbon colors are of a limited color range, please contact me before ordering if you need some specific shade.
Fabric panels can be selected from a more wide range. I'll send you an email with available in-stock fabrics or we decide on ordering a special one. Cotton is the most basic and comfortable choice for daily wear. Polyester satin is the best for shiny burlesque outfits and is more durable. Silk is the most luxurious material - breathing, long-lasting and elegant.
- Materials like silk sateens, damasks, genuine or faux leather may cost extra and will be covered by an additional invoice. Purchasing custom materials may increase production time.
The zipper is easier for fast changing, but can break if the corset is not unlaced properly.
- Handstitched eyelets can add a bit more "historical" touch or protect you from nickel allergy.
- If you are going to use your corset actively and prefer classic flexible busk - consider adding underbusk panel, rigid support piece that will protect busk from accidental damage.
- Corset has a removable laced-in back modesty panel by default. You can request changing it to a flat non-removable type, or making a corset without one.
Please read the instructions carefully, since 80% of our success is the correct set of measurements. I recommend using assistance for better results. Feel free to ask, if you have questions about the scheme.
Undress till the underwear, use the bra that best fits you and lifts the bust. No pants, skirts, or anything that covers or squishes your body.
Mark the waistline with a tape - it should go horizontal below the usual “most thin” waist level, 1-2 cm (0.5-1") above the belly button. Check your body side - there should be no ribs or hip bones on this level, only soft parts of you!
I need at least two photos of you - front and side, mirror selfie is good enough. No pants or tops covering the torso, lingerie only. These images will never be seen by anybody except me or the sewing team, but I need them to focus on details like bust position and torso proportions. They will also be used to cross-check your measurements and help you to take them correctly. Please downsize those to fit the 10MB message limit.
Send the digits in cm/inch, keeping the numbering:
4. Hip top (on the level of hip bones)
6. Waist to underbust (under the bra cup)
7. Waist to bottom of the belly (covering the belly, but leaving you the ability to sit)
8. Waist to hip top (at your side, between #3 and #4)
14. Your full height
Detailed ordering process:
Please select the style and options you need and add other personalizations in the comment box.
- You can type measurements in the box provided or send them to email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please check your email carefully, since I'll ask you for photos and additional information, like fabric confirmation. If you ignore emails for 2 weeks, I'll have to refund and cancel the order.
- In case you want to discuss some details or want to split your payment into several steps, select the "Custom payment method". Fill in contact information and PayPal email. After confirming order details, I'll send you a PayPal invoice with full or partial payment options.
If you want to proceed with payment, select PayPal checkout. It will also let you pay with a credit/debit card without PayPal registration, if you don't have one.
- Please note, that I do not accept cancellations or returns of custom ordered corsets and lingerie. If you want to be sure of corset fit and comfort, you can purchase a mock-up fitting service.
- Worldwide shipping is provided by Georgian Post.