How to order a made-to-measure corset:
1. Choose fabric and options ⇗
2. Checkout and pay
3. Collect the measurements and photos
4. Wait for your corset to be made
5. Get it shipped to you!
For more samples of this style see the bottom of the page.
Estimated sewing time – 6-10 weeks (from the date of full payment and providing all required measurements and photos).
To guarantee the best fit and comfort, I recommend starting with purchasing a remote mock-up fitting session.
These long stays are best for the 1820s-1830s, late Regency, and Romantic era periods, but would work nice for the 1800s-1840s dresses too. Note that it has a natural waist level, not high, and has moderate waist reduction. Use it to create a smooth flawless silhouette under the lightest Napoleonic Empire gowns, with a straight posture and high bust supported by the wooden busk.
If you're going to use stays for horse riding or active movement, consider changing the busk to solid steel one, since a wooden one can be broken in rare cases. If you'd like this design, but with a high waistline for early Regency shape, mention it in the personalization box.
My assembling technique differs significantly from an authentic one, which allows stays to be fully machine assembled and have an affordable price. If you're interested in the recreation of an extant piece, please check the Bespoke section.
- The basic corset has a non-removable wooden busk, a mix of metal and plastic bones, and a satin cord for lacing. The inside fabric layer is cotton, basic fashion fabric – cotton satin of in-stock colors (included in price).
- Stays are back-laced in symmetric style. Non-removable modesty panel can be added to protect your undergarments.
- Select fabric type and preferable color. I'll send you an email with available in-stock fabrics (cottons and silks) or we decide on ordering a special one. Materials like silk sateens, damasks, genuine or faux leather may cost extra and will be covered by an additional invoice. Purchasing custom materials may increase production time.
- Default straps are laced at front and fixed at back, you can choose the contrary design or fully removable straps (they can be replaced with ribbon for special occasions).
- Bust and hip gussets can be made corded - this feature is not only decorative, but also adds volume for smaller bust and extra support for larger.
I can make the busk removable - fixed in place with ribbon at the bottom or top.
- Handstitched eyelets can add a bit more "historical" touch or protect you from nickel allergy.
- Flossing and lace trim might not be period accurate for this style, but if you want it to be decorated in a more fancy way - choose your combo! Don't forget to mention colors and flossing pattern in the personalization box.
- Please note that straight midbust or curvy overbust top line shape depends on the measurements you take.
Please read the instructions carefully, since 80% of our success is the correct set of measurements. I recommend using assistance for better results. Feel free to ask, if you have questions about the scheme.
Undress till the underwear, use the bra that best fits you and lifts the bust. No pants, skirts, or anything that covers or squishes your body.
Mark the waistline with a tape - it should go horizontal below the usual “most thin” waist level, 1-2 cm (0.5-1") above the belly button. Check your body side - there should be no ribs or hip bones on this level, only soft parts of you!
I need at least two photos of you - front and side, mirror selfie is good enough.
No pants or tops covering the torso, lingerie only. These images will never be seen by anybody except me or the sewing team, but I need them to focus on details like bust position and torso proportions. They will also be used to cross-check your measurements and help you to take them correctly. Please downsize those to fit the 10MB message limit.
Send the digits in cm/inch, keeping the numbering:
3. Waist (larger, than usual, that’s ok)
4. Hip top (on the level of hip bones)
6. Waist to underbust (under the bra cup)
7. Waist to bottom of the belly (covering the belly, but leaving you the ability to sit)
8. Waist to hip top (at your side, between #3 and #4)
9. Waist to breast center (nipple level)
10. Waist to top edge of the corset through the cup (highest point)
11. Waist to top edge of the corset, center front (lowest cleavage point)
12. Waist to top edge of the corset, side (comfortable to your armpit)
13. Waist to top edge of the corset, back
14. Your full height
15. Bra cup size (please mention, US/EU/UK etc.)
23. Strap length (measured between top points of #10 to #13)
Detailed ordering process:
- Please select the style and options you need and add other personalizations in the comment box.
- You can type measurements in the box provided or send them to email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please check your email carefully, since I'll ask you for photos and additional information, like fabric confirmation. If you ignore emails for 2 weeks, I'll have to refund and cancel the order.
- In case you want to discuss some details or want to split your payment into several steps, select the "Custom payment method". Fill in contact information and PayPal email. After confirming order details, I'll send you a PayPal invoice with full or partial payment options..
- If you want to proceed with payment, select PayPal checkout. It will also let you pay with a credit/debit card without PayPal registration, if you don't have one.
- Please note, that I do not accept cancellations or returns of custom ordered corsets and lingerie. If you want to be sure of corset fit and comfort, you can purchase a mock-up fitting service.
- Worldwide shipping is provided by Russian Post (tracked or EMS courier), contact me if you need another provider.